Announcing our brand new Campaign Builder!

marketing segment that includes only very old contacts

JayG07370
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm trying to create a marketing segment that is tailored specifically to people who have not opened any emails from me since 2019. I find that I periodically get orders from customers who have not been in my store in many years, but I'm sure there are many more potential old customers who I could revive with a targeted email. It appears that segments cannot be created for people prior to 2019, while my list dates back many years prior to that. How do I do that?

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JayG07370 ,

There's a ~5 year cap for custom date-ranges for segmentations since there's a lot of issues (predominantly recalculation lag) that start arising as the range grows in size. 

As a workaround, I'd advise setting up at least a couple segmentations for the date ranges you're interested in pulling from (e.g. Jan 1, 2018 - Dec 31, 2021, then the other Jan 1, 2022 - May 6, 2024). Otherwise, it's also very likely that if a contact has not opened any of your emails since May 2019, the same contacts would match if the criteria were able to be set for 2018. The third option would be to just use our pre-built low engagement segmentation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
JayG07370
Rookie
0 Votes

Can I create a segment that includes all people who have signed up SINCE 2019, then create an email to send to anyone EXCLUDED from that segment? That would accomplish what I want to do, but I don't see how to do that.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

There isn't an exclusion function for sending emails to segments. It'd be a matter of making new lists from the segment and your current list(s), and then removing all the contacts in the segmented list from those newer main lists.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (75%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST